Today was a good day

Well done AnaElsa as far as I’m concerned any achievement however small is keeping old parkie firmly where he belongs but actually, given the effort it took, I would consider that a cup final win against the opposition lol!

today was a good day marking the end of a great week because this week I travelled by train with no mishaps (except for my mobile ticket not activating!) for a long awaited visit to an old friend - suitcase sent on ahead got there in one piece, couldn’t rent a rollator but then found one in excellent condition in a charity shop for £30 on my first morning so my walking was good, weather was great and the highlight of the week a cream tea on a steam train more than met our hopes, it was lovely. A really lovely week so today was a good day to say I managed everything well and all went according to plan. Hope I haven’t spoken to soon my suitcase is due back tomorrow. I know it’s been collected but …
Tot

2 Likes

Today was a good day, there is tony welcoming his new grandchild into the world, and here I am welcoming my grandson into the big world of finding his first job and stepping out to his future with confidence and pride that he has found a job and security (not to say his own hard earned money also) he is going to buy himself some trainers! Chuffed to say the least xx

3 Likes

Yesterday was a good day and the day before. Myself and my boy has done walk for Parkinson’s on your way these two days and raised £ 100.00. We walked 7 miles instead of 6 as always ready to go extra mile. This is the first time we have done a fundraising event. Feel so grateful and proud of my boy too.

Tinku.

5 Likes

Well done to you both
Tot

It’s a good day when we have a sunset like this!

3 Likes

Beautiful and totally agree
Tot

2 Likes

Today is a good day. My daughter is 40 and as part of her special day my wife and I are taking her for an afternoon tea at Marco Pierre White restaurant in Cardiff.

3 Likes

Today was a good day because we have a brand new grandson to add to two beautiful little granddaughters.
Another reason to stay positive…

4 Likes

This week has just got better. PIP has been approved. Whoopee.

3 Likes

I absolutely love reading about different views of a good day, what a great idea Tot

thank you Tony 8903, one of my better ideas and has fast become a favourite part of the forum for me. It’s wonderful that a good day doesn’t actually have to be anything big, or unusual although of course it can be nor does it have to be Parkinson’s related. I hope more will find their way here, everyone needs a bit of good news, funny news or whatever it is that has made today a good day. I may have started it but many others are turning it into happiness corner and long may it be so,
Tot

you have had a really good week and I couldn’t be more pleased. hope the birthday tea went well.
Tot

Hi totally, it is the little things that make all the difference!

Today is a good day at work , after a long time worked without much stress. We were laughing as one of the collauegues said people decided to stay at home due to fuel shortage. Be honest much needed one as we have been stretched too much …
Tinku.

After suddenly losing their much loved cat and then being caught up with the increased demand during the lockdown and most of the time not even getting a reply to the several applications submitted, Sooty arrived to live with the family yesterday and already looks well at home. He is described as ridiculously friendly.
Today was a good day because after all the heartache, this lovely family are smiling again

2 Likes

Today was a good day because I baked a Victoria sponge cake for my daughter on her 18th birthday!

Well done you and congratulations to your daughter on her 18th.
If you fancy carrying on I can thoroughly recommend this recipe it really is easy, reliable and a huge hit with everyone. I put the zest of a whole :lemon:in mine but otherwise use the recipe as given.

1 Like

Thanks Tot. Got a letter the other day explaining why the figures for PIP didn’t add up. Apparently its gone up by 0.30p, whoopee. The birthday tea was great. Wife and daughter loved it. Looking forward to local group starting up later in the month. All in all things are looking up. Talking about looking up, bought myself a stunt kite, should arrive today.

1 Like

Today was a very good day, had a review for my hydrocephalus, the pressure in my shunt was reduced (very clever held a pen like device against the shunt in my head, pressed firmly one click, job done) and walking improved virtually straightaway.
Delighted.

1 Like