Today was a good day

One month to the big event Liverpool 1956. Hope the training is going well.
Tot

Thanks Tot, yes the training is going OK. Was encouraged to try Nordic Walking Poles and they seem to help a lot. Going back next week for another session. Might do a whole circuit of Trelissick Gardens. For those that don’t know, it’s near Truro.

Martin.

Today was a good day because I didnt have a heckin headache and I just. Enjoyed. Everything!
Coffee and bun in the seafront people watching, bit of poking the garden, bit of stitching… proper resting.

Bliss.

1 Like

Today was a good day, then it turned sour.

Good bit, managed 3.66 miles in my training for the walk for Parkinson’s.
Bad bite. Wife’s cousin passed away this morning.

Well done on the training, not long to go now and very sorry to hear your news regarding your wife’s cousin and my thoughts are with you both today.
Many days are like that some good bits and some not so good if not just awful as you have found today. I hope in time the good memories of your wife’s cousin will lessen the news you had today and allow you to celebrate their life without the tears. Take care.

1 Like

Thanks Tot. I will pass on your kind thought to my wife.

Time is a good healer.

1 Like

Some of you may remember my post of August 2021 re my friend taking in a heavily traumatised Gemma, an abused dog from Romania. Today was a good day because i received a video of Gemma going into the garden wearing a lead which was unthinkable when she first arrrived. Next goal is to get her through the garden gate. Real progress now being made
Tot

2 Likes

Today was a good day because I have just become a granny to the beautiful ELISE. I can’t begin to tell you how much I love her she is so tiny. Elise you’re loved with a love beyond all telling. Welcome.

Kind Regards
Janny (or Granny Janny)

What wonderful news, many congratulations. Are you a first time granny?
1690227089-removebg-preview
Tot

Yes Tot first time granny. Xx

That’s very special I wish you and all the family many congratulations on your happy news
Tot
PS my eldest sister is due to be a first time granny on boxing day, a boy named James after both parents grandads

Thank you very much Tot…lovely news about your eldest sister due to be a first time granny on Boxing Day.

1 Like

Today was a good day at the 11th hour - literally because i came across this thread.
My self confidence is at zero but reading this post made me realise i am not alone.
Well, i managed to get to an outlet and visited some shops and even tried on a pair of shoes. I didnt manage to gather enough courage to go into a cafe, but i shall try again. Thank you

starlet well done you, you did brilliantly well today and i don’t underestimate the courage it took for you to do what you did. I hope it made you feel good. The important thing to remember when your confidence is low is set yourself a goal but make it manageable, baby steps a little at a time; if it doesn’t work out so what, you can try again another day, I was delighted to read your post and maybe we will be reading another soon saying you went into a cafe.
Tot

1 Like

Thank you. It was exhausting but i am pleased i did it. Later in the week i am aiming to go somewhere familiar and have a cup of tea. Maybe a garden centre.
I find that with lockdown, the economy and now the loss of Her Majesty has led to less social interaction for many with acute lonliness the result.i know many feel this way .

Hi @starlet. Almost everyone knows I’m doing a sponsored walk for Parkinson’s. Only have to do 5.5 miles.
My goal was 5.5 miles, but my target was to just get to a car park in town. Once achieved the next target was part way along a public footpath.
What I’m trying to say is, your goal is the cafe or whatever you make it. Your daily, or weekly target is something smaller or closer. Small targets add upto the goal.
I didn’t aim for 5.5 miles straightaway, I went for something closer.
Hope this helps. Feel the fear but do it anyway.
Martin

2 Likes

Thanm you Martin.
Best wishes to you

Yesterday was a good day, hit 12,551 steps, 8.96km,or 5.5 miles. Cardiff should be a doddle.
That’s why I’m posting this at 3:00. Got home cream crackered and went to bed. zzzz

Today was a very good day indeed. Gemma the rescue deerhound (see post earlier this month and August 2021) finally left the security of the house and garden and ventured outside, not far but she did it and the beautiful grey cat, the shyest cat I have ever known, finally trusted me enough to let me stroke her.
What a red letter day it has been
Tot

2 Likes

Saturday will be a good day for Liverpool 1956, after all your hard work training enjoy the day.
Tot

1 Like