Uploading avatars

Sorry if I'm being stupid but I can't see where to upload my avatar - I've looked in account settings and there's no option to do it there.

Hi Tabbycat,

It sounds like you're in the right place. On your Account Settings page you need to scroll down to the Picture section:

• Click on ‘Browse’ and locate the image you would like to use from your computer.
  • Once you’ve chosen your image, click ‘Upload’.
  • You can crop your image by dragging the square you see to the right place.
  • When you’re done, click ‘Finish cropping’.
  • Note that after you've saved your community settings, you may need to refresh your page to display your newly uploaded avatar image.

Have a go and see if that helps. If not, let us know and we'll do what we can to help.

Best wishes,

Edwina

Moderation Team

There's no picture section.frown

Been trying to update my profile.....tapping and tapping and no cursor appears to delete and re type.

It is all very annoying.

GG

No picture section or ability too alter profile text here either.

I made this point the other day in another thread, a week ago or more now i tried too alter the profile text was typing and the text disappeared and so did the ability too alter text or profile Pic.

Moderation team: if you give me an email address, I'll send you a screenshot of what I have on my account settings page.

Hi Tabbycat,

Please can you email this to us at [email protected] and we'll try to get this sorted for you as soon as possible.  

Many thanks, 

Joanne 

Just looked at my account settings and the option to edit my avatar is missing as well ?

Cc

Is the avatar section only active when you tick the option

Your community details

I want to be a member of the online community

Just a thought.

That option appears too be slightly shaded unless its my eye sight different too the other boxs Kendo

I can neither tick or untick  "i want too be a member of the community"

other options i can tick~ untick and edit.

Interestingly I created a new profile for my wife, selected the online community option and the avatar option was live.  I skipped this section and logged out, when logged back in the avatar section has gone.

This points to a corrupt data file/table or link between members and the image/avatars store. It may just be the read only attribute needs resetting once all members are logged out.  Not a user issue, one for the forum admin team.

Hi Joanne,

I've emailed you a screenshot of the page.

Hi Tabbycat,

Thank you, we have received your email and will look into why this is happening.

In the meantime, please do feel free to email us the photo you'd like to use and I can add it to your profile. 

Best wishes,

Joanne  

Kendo

when you created your wifes profile were you logged in as well?

L

L

No

K

OMG! Just signed in only to find that I have 55 new posts, when in actual fact I only have 7, when is it going to end, and how does it happen???

I want to be a member of the online community tried ticking this box sill no joy my avatar still will not correct looks stupid with my head cut of really annoying.

Hi bettyblue,

Sorry for your avatar frustrations. We're looking into a solution for fixing this.

In the meantime, if you could please email us at [email protected] with the picture and confirm your username and the email address linked to your forum account, we would be happy to adjust your avatar for you.

Best wishes.

Edwina

Moderation Team

done as requested bb xx

I think its a security measure to prevent the use of multiple ids on this forum.

You can test it as follows:

If you are already logged into this forum and open a second page without closing the first page down it will open showing you as logged in.  ie you now have two pages open each logged into the forum.

If you log out from one of the pages and then log in again you will now find that the avatar box has disappeared and the community member tickbox is unticked and cant be reset.

I logged in as myself ,on both pages, to test it and found that it unticked the box and this removed the avatar upload too. So it seems that this problem occurs when you are already logged on and attempting to log on again from the same computer / ip address. 

L