Uploading avatars

This forum logs me out for "inactivity" after a relatively short time so I'm never logged in twice. I could try clearing the cookies though...

dont understand that tabby 

are you saying youre logged out within seconds of logging in?

Not seconds, no. But if I close or minimise the window and don't open it again for a while (maybe an hour) then I find I'm logged out. The point is, there's no way I can be logged in more than once.

Hi, I'm no IT buff, but for what it's worth, this is what happened yesterday:

i use an iPad, and open loads of tabs without thinking.  I never close down, it just has a wee sleep now and again.

yesterday I went to change my avatar.  I found that I had no option to add or change and no tick box for being member of the community.  I was confused for a while.....then I looked at all the tabs I had open.  Indeed I had already logged onto puk, so in affect had logged in twice.  I closed logged out of both and logged in once, hey presto, no problems at all.  So it seems it is possible to do a double log in, but not to amend areas of you're profile if you are.

i hope this helps....

i tried that. but alas no difference And when i was logged out of one 'login' it simply said 'denied access' to the other.

i think it is what Kendo said the other day.

"This points to a corrupt data file/table or link between members and the image/avatars store. It may just be the read only attribute needs resetting once all members are logged out.  Not a user issue, one for the forum admin team."

The login twice scenario in my post is not a way to recover the avatar settings.

What I am saying is this.

If you log on twice from the same ip or computer, either by accident or deliberately, it seems to trigger the community member tick box to revert to empty and this has the knock on effect of preventing an avatar being uploaded and the account has to be reset by admin.

I would guess that this is something built into the site to alert admin to someone using more than one account.

Can admin confirm this?

L

I only tried it to see if it was in anyway an effect, if i opened 1 tabs/windows or 100  it would simply be 100 tabs/windows open in the same account, with only the 'i want too be a community member' effected other options like name/email/password (identity theft) can still be edited.

Admin seems to be Silent but are offering to do a service 'members' cannot, if that's the case why not simply fix the feature of the forum.Or Remove avatars/profile text.

Right.  The website terms and conditions refer to Mollom anti-spam software.  If you Google Mollom and then search avatar on the Mollom FAQ section you find this

https://library.acquia.com/articles/user-avatars-do-not-display-drupal-gardens

The Parkinson's UK site uses Drupal.

The following is from that FAQ:

User avatars do not display in Drupal Gardens

In most circumstances, a Drupal Gardens site should display user avatars with little difficulty. If a user avatar is not present, there are several reasons why this could be happening:

The users have not validated the email address that they used to register with the Drupal Gardens service.
They have not uploaded a picture to their Drupal Gardens account.
The users have not configured Avatar Settings within the User Avatar configuration settings.

Confirming registration

Confirming user registration involves the user clicking on a link provided in the Drupal Gardens registration confirmation email sent to them after initially signing up for an account. If this has not happened, users have two options:

Look for the registration confirmation email that was sent to the email address on file for them, and then click the link provided within the message.

Request through the Drupal Gardens Contact Form or by a private support ticket (Professional-level site subscriptions and higher) that Drupal Gardens Support manually validate their email address.

After registration is completed, the validation will need to propagate to the appropriate servers. The user needs to log into the Drupal Gardens account, and then log into the site in question once the manual validation has occurred.

Clearing the cache and checking the avatar settings

If the user has done this and the avatar still doesn't display, clear the site's cache and the browser cache. To clear the site cache, go to Configuration > Performance, and then click Clear all caches.

If the avatar still does not display, confirm that the user initially uploaded an avatar to the user's Drupal Gardens account. In addition, verify that Show user avatar in posts has been enabled by going to Configuration > User avatars, and then review the Avatar settings section.

Admin, your comments please.

In English.

Admin need to sort this

I think a google hangout is called for

Anyone up for it?

OK, I'll need to set the webcam

Kendo, it's not that avatars aren't displaying, it's that we're unable to upload them.

Hi Kendo,

Thanks very much for this information - I have passed it on. We will try and fix this issue as soon as we can but in the meantime if anyone is trying to upload a new photo, please do email it to me at [email protected] and I can upload this for you.

Best wishes,

Joanne 

Tabbycat.

Yes the avatars created at registration or until the option became hidden for some are displayed.  It's the fact that the section for changing them is missing from your profile account page.

If you are seeing the option to select a new avatar (as I am) once selected remember to got to the bottom of the page and press SAVE

The solution for those who chose the default avatar on sign up may also be here

https://docs.acquia.com/site-factory/users/avatars

in the meantime can someone fix my avatar upload

YEP

I've updated my avatar using  the website.  The result is I'm no longer showing a tick in the online community box and can't edit it.  Plus the avatar options setting section has now gone.

Hi Leyther,

If you'd like to change your avatar, please email me a copy of the photo you'd like to use to [email protected] and I can upload this for you.

Many thanks,

Joanne 

We've recently made some changes to our website and the two issues mentioned above have come about as a result of these changes. Here are some details about each, also noted on the Forum issues status report and FAQ page.

Auto log out
You will be automatically logged out after 2 hours of inactivity on the site. If you have several tabs open, and you log back in on one of them, if you then refresh the other tabs (or log back in on any of them), you will be returned to the page you were previously viewing.

Unable to edit community profile or avatar image
This is a bug that has come about as a result of the recent changes. We're aware of the issue and are working with our developers to restore this functionality. In the meantime, should you wish to edit your avatar or community profile settings, please email us at [email protected] with the details and attached image, and we'll be more than happy to make the changes for you. 

I hope this answers your questions.

Thanks,
Sarah