What advantages can a tremor have

i no we dont like our tremors,feel embaressed etc,but i thought it be good to think on the postive side,and see how many things we can think of wot our tremors can be useful for:smile:

seperating brand new notes out of a money machine:wink:
I can't see any advantage to having a tremor

I can't write properly,
keep dreopping things
can't type with my right hand
embarassing at work, couldn't sign a visitors book when i went to a setting
people thinking i AM NERVOUS IN MEETINGS

noting positive in having a tremor that i can see
I have to agree Caroline, there's the general embarrassment of having a constant tremor and holding yourself rigid to try and stop it which causes pain, the slowness of movement when trying to do everyday tasks, the loss of grip in your fingers and hands.......no sorry nothing positive about having a tremor.

I'm sure people don't look at pwp and say "I wish I had a tremor". :rolling_eyes:
Dear Ali I wish we could say Yes there is a good side to having a tremor. I am sure someone will have a witty comment to make on this thread regarding the tremor.

But for me I wish my tremor would just go away, obviously it is not. I also feel embarrassed when I am out, as people just assume I am cold.:disappointed:
Ah ha! If you have a tremor people believe you have Parkinsons! If its mainly the other symptoms they often don't. Even doctors and chemists say where's the tremor?
Good news is its coming along now (ironic emoticon)
that wasnt meant to be witty by the way, its quite true.
and it is very embarassing, especially in ones private life. (no thats NOT a joke)
i do agree with wot ur all sayin ,i feel the same bout my tremor,i just thought well days im really pis.. with it and thought this mornin wot is there that will cheer me up wot makes me smile that the tremor does that t dont do to others,for instance when i was in a hospital waitin room few weeks back i had a drink ,and me arm was goin and it shot on the floor,people were starin at me and whisperin and i felt awful,embarressed ,but i laughed it off ,and said oops missed ya to the bloke by me,and he then laughed with me.so this is how i was thinkin this mornin i guess,amy be i worded the title rong ,i could not put wot makes u laugh about ur trmor,sorry if i affended anyone,but i thought it would help tryin to smile rather than feel poop bout it thats all:smile:
1 Like
I'm annoyed by my tremor, but not embarrassed! You can only be embarrassed IF you choose the actions. I can't help my tremor !

I was once glared at and comments were made at a LIDL check out by the bloke doing the till. I was taking so long to pack away my shopping and he was quite short with me. When I told him, quite loudly, that I had PD, he looked so sheepish and I could see his toes curling with embarrassment.

Heehee

YOU have nothing to be embarrassed about!
Like turnip my tremor isn`t always noticeable but inwards i still feel it. My main problem is slowness and stiffness. People question if i really have pd and i`m constantly being asked if i have neck and back problems by strangers. One day i`m going to get a t/shirt printed with "I HAVE PD - STOP STARING"!

I do find like spam95 in supermarkets little sympathy or patience until i say i have pd (in order to slow them down), but its not going to stop me shopping.By the way spam95 I really like your attitude!

Thanks alij for trying to bring some fun into the forum, maybe it`s a bit to touchy a subject.

Never mind keep on writing!

Big C
Like turnip my tremor isn`t always noticeable but inwards i still feel it. My main problem is slowness and stiffness. People question if i really have pd and i`m constantly being asked if i have neck and back problems by strangers. One day i`m going to get a t/shirt printed with "I HAVE PD - STOP STARING"!

I do find like spam95 in supermarkets little sympathy or patience until i say i have pd (in order to slow them down), but its not going to stop me shopping.By the way spam95 I really like your attitude!

Thanks alij for trying to bring some fun into the forum, maybe it`s a bit to touchy a subject.

Never mind keep on writing!

Big C
ooops my computer is having an off day!!!!:flushed:
PUT ME DOWN FOR A T SHIRT!
I`ll add you to the list Buzzicles lol,

Maybe the PUK Xmas catalogue should start selling them with a variety of slogans on them. I`d buy some!

C :stuck_out_tongue:
Apart from not having to deliberately "shake the bottle" There are no advantages whatsoever.

Gentlemen, please refrain from putting your hands in your pockets.
You'll look as if you are doing something naughty.!!!
good idea big c,i would buy a t.shirt with a slogan on it about pd,like i said some days i can cry about my pd,and then i can have a giggle bout it,cus if i dont i be cryin all the time:rolling_eyes:mite look a prat some times with things i do and say cus of tremor or mind,but its me now,got to live with wot i got.wearin a t.shirt with a fun slogan on it would show others im not all misreable i can laugh about it:wink:
Good slogan for a t-shirt.

"Must be jelly cos jam don't shake like that"

Seriously though, there are times when I get thoroughly pissed off with it.
30 years of i asked a woman i worked with why she took the bus such a short distance to work, implying laziness perhaps.
'because i have multiple sclerosis'
'oh'

think its called karma. what goes around karms around (bad joke)

next time i am travelling in the lift one floor and someone asks why i will say
'laziness'. giving me a quotient of anti-karma perhaps?
turpip,christo,bigc and buzzlies thankyou for makin this thread go bit more fun,i got very upset cus i made a mistake how i phrased the thread name ,it came out all rong:smile:
Don`t worry about it alij you were only trying to lighten the mood, sometimes we need to laugh at situations. As i see it parkinsons is for life and you've`e just got to get on with things as much as you can! Don`t get me wrong even though my pd not be as advanced as some i still have off days and days when i could swear for England and kick a few doors (if only i could stand on one leg), but you can`t let it get you down!

have you looked at "Dark Humour"?

Big C
thankyou big c,when i relized wot i had done about the name of the thread i asked m ods if they could change it for me cus i had made a mistake and i did not wont people to think rong of wot i was tryin to get across to people,but i got a replie that cus some folk had already posted under it they would not take off and put new name,cus no break of rule had been done.i guess yes thats correct,but it made me upset cus people think i was bein wired bout tremor and i wernt ,i just made a mistake and wonted it made correct.ive expalined wot i done and lets hope this is enough.im like you big c ,have good days and bad,i dont wont to laugh about pd big c,far from it,its not a laughin matter,but sometimes when things happin i have to giggle bout erm or i will be beatin me self up in the head wonderin why me agin ,and i dont wont to feel like that no more.i saw the thread dark humor,and i will be honest when it was first done i was worried if to rite anythin ,incase some folk take it rong and it started a debate on here agin.like treadin on egg shells agin,and i dont wont that.so i waited for others to do things then i will join in,so im not aimed at in anyway,but phrasin me words rong as normal:smile: