What might happen after an accident?

Thank you Ray. I am going to talk to that girl again to address the comment she made that upset me. That all makes sense but can I ask you? When you have those bad bouts of constipation, does the bowel right itself quickly or do you have problems for a while. OH isn't eating very much. He says he feels bloated after eating. I don't like the sound of that
I'm usually back to normal fairly soon, but I've had to change my ways. I eat little and often now, and only have to eat a small quantity before I feel full up - more full up than I know I really am.

If I go to bed feeling bloated I know I'll never sleep.
Oh thanks for that Ray. OH had a bad bout of constipation once but no ill effects after it was resolved. I guess his digestion has taken a whacking shake up, but now I won't worry about it unless it gets out of hand
I decided after all to make an official complaint about the carer. Not so much for our sake as hers. First I craftily ascertained for how long she had been doing the job and how well she was regarded.
It didn't take much to confirm my belief that the girl is stressed to breaking point and is bringing it to her work.
In the process of complaint I conveyed my observations to the supervisor and she was quick to point out that I had done the right thing because the carer will get immediate help from occupational health, on full pay, rather than be penalised. That was exactly what I wanted to hear.
Good news, well handled. :smile:
:smile:
Oh Oh! OH has this morning declared, that he thinks his PD symptoms have worsened since the accident!
JC , do you feel this to be confirmation of your suspicions? Or ( please God not) a deterioration in o/h codition?
As always
Sorry, that was as clear as mud.!
I meant: does this seem to confirm suspicions that accident/stress can result in increased PD symptoms,
or that accident was the result of worsening PD?
Hello AB. I'm clear in my mind due to flashbacks of the incident, that PD was the cause. I saw him step onto the first rung of the ladder and his legs froze. Hence he was almost catapulted off the ladder as his efforts to move caused it to propel forward then tip sideways. It was a miracle that he didn't go over the banisters.

It definately appears that his PD condition has worsened. He's struggling with words, like someone who has suffered a stroke. Is a bit more confused. Memory is worse. Voice even quieter. Shuffling more obvious. Moving through spaces more difficult and now has resting tremor.

I'm so hoping it might be shock syndrome but all that I have read on the subject points to the worst case scenario.

Please if anybody reading this has experienced something similar I would be so grateful for your input. Good or bad.
Words (almost) fail me. Speaking to o/h's carer late morn, who was excellent I really felt for her.
She has to visit a stroppy man in a very unsavoury area this eve and will spend all day dreading, no actually, fearing it!
The carers used to work in pairs. Since the cuts, they have to go out alone.
They could be walking into any situation. How disgusting is that?!
Please don't anyone tell me there isn't any money. If so, how come we discovered in the recession that millions of pounds of taxpayers money was spirited away to offshore accounts and was never repaid.
No doubt that dubious practice continues unabated.
Why wasn't that money ploughed back into the system to pay for the services the Local Councils' glossy magazines tell us the money is used for :imp:
Steady, JC, steady! :laughing:

As far as I can see, whoever is in power, nothing can be more important than the health of the people.
:fearful:
I was agreeing with you about financial priorities...
:sunglasses:
O/h's PD symptoms are definately worse in all respects. He is constantly napping throughout the day and is very cold, huddling up with a hot water bottle.
On a brighter note. It was his idea to have a first wedding anniversary picnic party in the garden. He is adamant that we shall go through with it, weather permitting on 3rd July.
Well I'll be. I've been in the G of E near to those old oak trees but by 3rd July will be back in the Land of Saints & Scholars. Mind you, I wasn't invited. Enjoy your day
Bless you AB, that day has been postponed. O/h isn't quite up to it. However he has turned a corner. Things are looking up with regard to pain etc.
He has to have CAT scan to check that the bruised kidneys are functioning properly but I'm pretty sure the signs are all good.
He is certainly more fretful and obsessive, even drove the gardener (who has endless patience) nuts yesterday, telling him how to do his job.
Accidentally, we saw the PD nurse yesterday when I took him for a blood test. Due to the cuts, she is no longer a full time PD nurse. That explains a lot. She was working in the fracture clinic but very pleased to get the chance to catch up with o/h and promised to pop round after work one day. There's dedication!
jenniferchristine,

I am new to this and already I feel that you ahve good support.

Can I add, the ambulance service in my experience is happy to deal with what is an emergency. Sometimes we become so immune to distress that our toleration levels shoot. The level of pure distress and lack of dignity should not be underestimated.My 16year old daughter has taken charge and cleaned me up, I know how demeaning it can be.

You are awesome as are all carers who care.

mrs.t.