Why so few?

That was the whole point of my post, You have been there, You have got the T shirt, and how true, it is only a problem if you are not in control, You also are aware how vulnerable folk are that are on D.A.s and gamble and. giving tips to those these folk is
totally irresponsible

jaylew
Hi, jaylew.

This is getting very repetitious, and I'm not sure why it's being discussed in this thread.

Anyone using this forum knows (or soon finds out) that taking DAs puts them at around a 20% risk of developing compulsive/obsessive disorders. They will also know if they are gambling too heavily, and find themselves unable to pull away and say "enough's enough".

Believe me, if they continue to gamble, but are unable to stop until the very last penny has gone, and even then find themselves scraping and scratching around for more cash to spend on yet another "fix", they WILL know it. They may well enjoy the thrill, but they will nevertheless know it's a problem, and [u]what is causing it[/u]. They therefore need to get themselves off the DAs pronto.

You can't pin any of that on me, sorry. Whether or not I provide horse-racing tips, and whether or not my tips win, I am not "encouraging" vulnerable people to spend all their money. If they take DAs and gamble uncontrollably they WILL lose all of their money and get into very deep water, and do so with or without me.

Don't you realise how powerful these drugs are? The idea that a few tips would encourage a compulsive gambler to bet when they otherwise wouldn't have done so is laughable.

The important difference between now and 10 years ago when I was first given DAs (the new "wonder drugs" for PD, I was told) is that when the compulsiveness comes to light nowadays patients and medics alike will realise the DA connection almost immediately.

10 years ago that link hadn't been discovered, so even though one found oneself gambling, hypersexual, deviant, hyperspending or whatever - and in total despair watching one's world collapse - there was no obvious reason. The patient was just deemed to have gone off his or her trolley, and everyone just avoided them, as they spiralled downwards into the abyss. In my case to the tune of £400,000 before the DA link was established.

So back to the point in hand. To accuse me of being irresponsible by posting a few Cheltenham tips is to trivialise the magnitude of the DA problem. Any sufferer caught in that trap won't be interested in my tips, and is destined to spend every cent they can find anyway, unless they come off the DAs.

For those not so affected by DAs, those who have never used them or those who have been taken off them, the interest in gambling will be exactly the same as it was pre-PD - just the same as the man in the street. Gambling is legal in this country, and the individual can take into account information from whatever source he or she wants (including my tips) when making their decision on what - if anything - to back.

A £1 each-way Cheltenham bet is likely to be far more productive than a £2 Euro Lottery ticket. believe me!

Merve.
thanks for your replies everyone- i think scribbler has a good point
I have been away for almost 2 months and therefore from the forum for some time longer.

Sad to see more of the same on here. I have been invited to join another forum and have done so,in the last few days. It seems a friendly site with none of the contentious issues that arise on here,so frequently.

I think the contentious posters are there but are tolerated and free speech is also tolerated.Unlike here with posts removed and no reason given.

The other site also has features that I have requested and mentioned on here many times. The faciity to PM members without your e mail address being revealed being the main one.

I do not know for sure but believe that this is a non commercial site and one set up by an individual.Why then cannot PDS provide a similar site for our use???????????????