Battle briefing

Sgt TH

So, a retired cop. Should we form a special index linked pension sub unit? 

Cpt Mike

Cpt Mike, 

Great idea, but not sure its linked to the fight against Parkinsons though. Perhaps we could start a Harold Shipman fan club at the same time.

Sgt TH

Morning Sergeant and un A.W.O.L. now but had a support mission to complete. Things change quickly here and can see how this is going to fathom out with chain of command and orders. Captains and Doctors in one. Just of to NAFFI as saw some nice buns in there. Best find out her name first and I love Shipman, Sardine and Tomato my fave but dog won't kiss me never mind wife after. Have a good day all.

Corporal JP

P.S. Thank you Barbara that meant a lot to me what you said. 

JP

So pleased you back, and hope you enjoyed your buns !  NAFFI the place to be. will hop over to ParkyD as have some leave owing.

TH

Hey TH and thank you for your words and GG is a good one but there are a good few of you on here. It is good to be back I find you are all far to technical for my little brain. What's happening with everyone using 5 or more letter words. I now have google dictionary as my home page. Now i've read that last line i'm a bit embarrassed  but like any good Captain (don't worry Captain Mike not after you rank as concerned about cold hands at medical cough) sinking with my vessel. Well comrades I shall catch you all later.

Sergeant TH congratulations on new rank you deserve it.

Our strength does not come from lifting weights, it comes from lifting ourselves and others when knocked down.

Corporal JP

Cpl JP,

I am convinced on your return our beloved leader will be considering Sgt rank especially when you have been on a secret mission.

Now then about this word thing , we are not defined by our jobs even when we had them (in my case) I am just me faults and all and you , well are you.

Likewise who cares how many letters  you use up in a word or sentence for that matter.  It's what is in your heart  surely, G,G said it all J.P you have  made us laugh,  made us sad and most of all keep going, fighting it all.  Thats what this is about not about how many letters you use.

Your poetry is at times outstanding  other times to me  average but thats my personal taste. Some people get my humour some do not but nothing personal.

C'mon JP , lets not think about the past as we have to move on from the shadows even if it means another shadow, at least it will be a change. 

People will always express  themselves in their own unique way but nobody is better than anyone else on thìs forum , we are all in the same boat trying to stay afloat, any more well worn phrases ?

JP shake yourself up matey as your forum needs you, and your wit. 

Will look out for your next post (soon I hope)

TH 

Good evening troops

i just called in to tell you that after my recent application for enhanced rate mobilty because motor neuropathy plus PD slowed me to a standstill. Well, I did get it. As a bonus, and a surprise because I didn't apply for it, was daily living PIP at standard rate. 

So I'm awash in back pay. As I'm flush, I've put £200 behind the bar in the NAAFI for you fine folk to convert into drunken revelry. Enjoybig grin

Capt Mike

PS Conquered the DWP without a shot being fired. Do I get a medal?

Cpt Mike, 

Happy Days, like me I had no battle but others do, and  we have  to acknowledge that.

Thank  you for the monies, that was kind of you, we shall save it for a big bash when JP is  back .  

I wonder if you have considered giving up your commission to become an enlisted man, I am convinced this would create a tighter team, and you get less pay!

Jules 77 is a incredibly charismatic man and our leader.  I feel I will be sent to the "glass house" for this but want to make sure  you know you are welcome in whatever  capacity, but a teeny weeny bit more as one of us.

TH

Hey TH who the f........lol of course. Sometimes the shadows are there and you don't realise well until they turn the amps on. At first i had no idea who the lead was and asked. He said im Hank Marvin  so i told him to get a sandwich then. I must be having a diva moment i think (twice in a week go me) and enjoy posting here. The letters thing was meant to be a bit of fun but perhaps underlying issues are there but I feel fine and have managed to find a part of me i never knew existed, she's called Jean and visits on Saturdays....lol of course, i said lol of course, look lol and i shave my legs for cycling. Perhaps this opening up is overwhelming. 

I understand Sarge and will always be me as long as there bad jokes to be told, occasional good poems and as i'm positive average is better than sh**te (i loved that honesty), positivity to be preached and lòoooooooooooooonng posts to be posted.

This is Corporal JP  going to annoy......sorry sèe if i can help GG with her cloudy sky.

Oop's missed the letters joke thought you were  on a dark dark cloud thing, yes  cheer G.G up, told ya! the forum needs  you, dont forget Ears  have  Walls 

Sgt TH

I'm not going to resign my commission, I've got my pension to think of. But don't worry, Medical Officers always freely mix with the lower ranks so they can make remarks like "I didn't recognise you with your clothes on". And when you've had your gloved finger up someone's fundament, it breaks down social barriers. 

So I'll carry on on Captains pay, but remember it's only a courtesy rank. Just think of me as a pal with shaky morals (it's the PD does that)

Cpt Mike

Capt Mike,

Well ok if you promise to mix in with us lesser mortals. On a good note thankyou for posting information about gabapentin as often fear drugs of any kind , well accepting coffee, alcohol etc.

I have been struggling with a electric , sharp pain coupled with hip and back pain (boo, hoo!)  and would have probably avoided taking something stronger.  However, as you gave it a good write up, going to give it a go.  It might help my trigger finger as well.

Hope you ok and polishing your Captains badge.  

Sgt TH

Sgt TH

I am indeed OK by my fairly low standards. On the subject of pain relief, I've only taken two Tramadol this morning after unwinding myself from bed. This is for the grotty hip, and, before getting proper loosening up medication it helps the aching in the wooden legs. So that's a good day. I've been looking through the TGA site to determine which Motability funded all-terrain mobility scooter to get, for use in field manoeuvres and hiding behind trees. It's amphibious qualities will be tested when they deliver it, though I expect they'd rather use the ferry. 

Oh well, onwards and upwards.big grin

Cpt Mike

PS if you get side effects from Gabapentin that don't settle quickly switch to Pregabalin. Far fewer side effects

Cpt Mike, 

Good to know you are ok, a lot more to cope with in the pain dept. than me and I do appreciate the advice. 

The Dr did say it was a "love it, or hate it drug". but will give it a whirl, nothing to lose I guess and must get myself back on track as have a trip planned, The Deep !  I know, not that impressive but I love fish, snorkelling days over but this will be a close third ! 

I hope you find a tank suitable for your needs, not that well informed on scooters, had a ride in a supermarket trolley once, but that's another story.  I just wish they were higher up, so you could be eye to eye with someone , guess they would topple over.

I think when my time comes I am going to get a Dalek outfit on wheels and scream at Parky, "Exterminate, Exterminate"  I think that would be a better option than a mobility scooter.  

Sgt TH

Good morning Sarge and regiment and all and hope your day is as good as can be. So much happening on the battle front I see with both our outside and inside pains been fought valiantly. Going to boost my fighting resolve and watch some comedy later.

Noticed we don't have a regiment yet so thought I'd offer some options:

Sgt's Hero's (Though i am a traditional Quality Street man)

Colonel Jules Jew...... (Perhaps not)

Parky Chew (Was crew but chewing helps with Dysphagia, two birds)

The Crackers (More than one meaning)

Foxtrot Eagle Zebra (How the f**k did we end up in a Zoo. Pass me W)

The Patient Ones (No other choice)

The Extras (Thanks Parkinson's)

The Insomniacs (On a more serious note a Russell Brand Stand Up DVD will cure that, tired just thinking about it)

The Swingers  (Sorry just writing my Christmas List)

Join in there are so many more but maybe start becoming bad taste, even more reason. Remember soldiers we are not just fighting for ourselves but for all practising ParkyD enthusiast's out there and all the new ones joining daily. Bravely we will march onwards with plenty of rest stops obviously and not let this ParkyD thing stop us, figuratively speaking troops and we can use these for reconnaissance quite frequently I may add.

So Men, Women and undecided take up the fight against ParkyD, take up the fight against ignorance and most importantly take up the fight for the remote control as Match of the Day will be on soon.

Live long and prosper, no.......are you not entertained, no (well thank you),.....for Frodo -  ah it will do

For Frodo

JP

I can do this I thought. And even if I can't, I have to. Anon

Good morning Sarge and regiment and all and hope your day is as good as can be. So much happening on the battle front I see with both our outside and inside pains been fought valiantly. Going to boost my fighting resolve and watch some comedy later.

Noticed we don't have a regiment name yet so thought I'd offer some options:

Sgt's Hero's (Though i am a traditional Quality Street man)

Colonel Jules Jew...... (Perhaps not)

Parky Chew (Was crew but chewing helps with Dysphagia, two birds)

The Crackers (More than one meaning)

Foxtrot Eagle Zebra (How the f**k did we end up in a Zoo. Pass me W)

The Patient Ones (No other choice)

The Extras (Thanks Parkinson's)

The Insomniacs (On a more serious note a Russell Brand Stand Up DVD will cure that, tired just thinking about it)

The Swingers  (Sorry just writing my Christmas List)

Join in there are so many more but maybe start becoming bad taste, even more reason. Remember soldiers we are not just fighting for ourselves but for all practising ParkyD enthusiast's out there and all the new ones joining daily. Bravely we will march onwards with plenty of rest stops obviously and not let this ParkyD thing stop us, figuratively speaking troops and we can use these for reconnaissance quite frequently I may add.

So Men, Women and undecided take up the fight against ParkyD, take up the fight against ignorance and most importantly take up the fight for the remote control as Match of the Day will be on soon.

Live long and prosper, no.......are you not entertained, no (well thank you),.....for Frodo -  ah it will do

For Frodo

JP

I can do this I thought. And even if I can't, I have to. Anon

My post my post so good i posted it twice. A joke obviously as meant to say "really good"

JP,

Our leader should be back soon, putting you forward for promotion to Sgt, as you put me forward for promotion and being honest not keen on being the only Sgt in the camp.  

Its a bit like that sketch in Little Britain,when he says he is the only gay in the village.

Also we can have more holidays as we  can cover for each other to keep the troops, troop ? in line.

Thought about names, 

Jules in the Crown

Carry on up the Parky

Jules Jewels Regiment , JJ  regiment 

Jules Heroes, 

Staleg Jules 111

Escape from monotony 

Escape from labotomy

Sgt TH

Hey Sarge TH and no way I'm going to get given more power. I wouldn't win a vote even if just me as I'd vote against myself but if by some miracle I do I like your way of thinking.

Also like your names and my fave is Escape from Labotomy but as I listen to my neighbours row for the last hour and half I probably wouldn't try escape just now.

Corporal JP

My Sergeant uniform is not like the one worn by Daffyd is it. Otherwise I'll have to stock up on the talcum powder.

Cpl soon to be Sgt JP,

Escape from Labotomy,! ...battle cry

Hope it calms down next door, have a good weekend.

Sgt TH