Battle briefing

Sir,

Read your recommendations for this thread.  I think it is a shame to lose the banter side of things but respect it is your thread.

Therefore,   I will report as instructed. JP has  a civilian thread for larking about on and in my view I would prefer to banter on that one.

I see  no need for another thread in the section you mentioned, as posts in the social club section are only open to members  as opposed to visitors.  This is the "live wire" section.

I will as promised post information and reference advice. I am going now to find the B12 information for you, asap.

Sgt TH posting from the dog house, which is sited on the naughty step.

Sir, 

May I recommend viewing Michael J Fox site, research 2013 relationship between decline of  B12 and Parkinsons.

NHS website details lack of B12 and health issues.

Vit D is also researched on many sites, NHS   PD people tend to be very low on vit D, and you need to take supplements, add K2 as this helps absorption of Vit D.  This is hi lighted in alzheimers sites  to keep brain healthy.

I find the Michael Fox site a useful tool and well worth a look.

Sgt TH

Hello All,

I’m sorry Sergeant TeeHee I’ve messed up completely here. I don’t want to stop the banter at all, as you can see in my last message.
In fact I’m not sure what I was trying to say. It’s just that when I got back I guess I got confused or overwhelmed by all the postings and I rather lost the thread.
I can see now that the Carers Family and Friends was a completely inappropriate site.
My Senior Officer says  I should have left well alone and she is right
Ignore first past of last message.

Jules77.

Sir, 

Please note the section for Friends, Family and Carers is for Friends, Family and Carers.  The troops who defended and supported you are fighting PD like your good self, and are not a friend, member of a family or caring for anyone with PD.

I wish you well and hope the new unit improves this thread to the standard required.

TH 

Sir, 

Request permission to point out spooking goings on an Alien has intercepted our posts and put things on we do not really mean.

Look at the posting times, spooky crossed in space.

All is as it should be, All for one, one for all so put your cigarettes down and lets get back to the frontline.

Sgt TH

Good observation Sergeant,

I would never have spotted him or it. Must have infiltrated deeply while in another camp.

Was mildly feverish on return, suspect he inflicted something while was off guard, probably via a crab salad.

Glad you saw the problem. Probably prevented me from resigning. Seems to ring a bell with me regarding a few weeks ago. There I go again with EMUS.

Thank you for spotting and quickly eliminating the culprit. Probably working with the enemy.

Signing off tonight. Very tired.

Jules77 

(Feel more like 87 this evening, A good night's sleep in our own bed will help).

Sir, 

Have a good rest, will be alien free in the morning.  Your troops feared early retirement and kept the thread going for your return.

Appreciate you are fighting on other fronts and must be exhausted. We will assist in keeping reports less carry on and more battle on, but will retain our humour and spirit.

Respect and every good wish to a lovely gentleman, from the well meaning rogues in your army.

Sgt TH

I may be dismissed for asking this, but am I allowed my ration of cigarettes, whilst in the trenches? I find the nicotine helps me fight and I could blow smoke signals to fellow troopers. We could develop a kind of smoke ring language system, which would baffle the enemy. I know my vice might be offensive to others, so am prepared to bring air freshener with me.

LC Twinks

LCpl Twinks, 

You can have your ciggies but in the NAFFI, Smoke signals and the light from the end of the ciggy tends to give our location away. The enemy we are hoping cannot find us, so we can attack in safety.  

No need for air freshener, cannot smell things anymore, puff away in the NAFFI.  Good to sèe you back Twinkle toes..

Sgt TH

P.S not heard from Cpt Mike, think he's been shot for not maintaining discipline. 

Sgt TH

You will be no doubt pleased to know I've not been shot, I've been attending to the sick and needy on the Pancreatitis Front, and Diabetes salient. I apologise to all for moonlighting, and spreading myself too thin (that'll be the day).

Anyway, I vow to continue my fight against this  embuggeration, just as soon as I can find a way to put my socks on that doesn't involve shouting downstairs.

On the subject of military discipline, I'm thinking of banning smoking in the NAAFI. It's not 1945. I don't see why there shouldn't be a pile of fag ends outside, just like hospitals. Vaping indoors will be allowed, because as we all know, nicotine is a dopamine agonist. Fair deal? 

Now I just await orders from my commanding officer. 

Cpt Mike

PS JP, your message this morning is a credit to your observation, and not in the least offensive. 

Cpt Mike,

I will instruct troops not to smoke in the NAFFI, a heated tent like structure will be constructed for smokers.  Pleased you still alive, and undermining my instructions.

All troops to submit requests to Cpt Mike re issues on base, that will save me having to do a U turn.  

In view of our commanding officer being engaged on many fronts may I ask all personnel to put a headline on reports regarding medical , health reports in capital letters so that he can skim through the non urgent reports.

Have a good day all.

Sgt TH

Having a smoke in the NAFFI, feet up don't smoke usually  but feeling rebellious.  Cpt Mike not in sight, PHEW!!

Sgt TH,

Smoking in the NAAFI as an act of rebellion? Sorry for the tone of my previous posts, I didn't realise you were only 13. 

Two circuits of the parade ground double quick. I'll pace you in my electric wheelchair. Don't complain, I do take some responsibility for telling you that nicotine was a dopamine agonist. Otherwise it would have been four circuits. 

Sgt Mike

Thank you for allowing me to smoke. The nicotine really does help with Parkiness, as our Captain stated. I know I could have nicotine patches instead, but fear they might rub off during exercises! Please can I request that we have a plentiful supply of tomatoes as well, because they also contain nicotine and could help the non-smokers feel more at ease? We may have to build our own greenhouse to grow them.......failing that, we could maybe build a feature wall in the NAAFI made of tinned tomatoes. Does anyone have a tin opener?

LC Twinks.

Not sure I would know how to smoke a tomato, but will give it a go. Thanks Twinks did not realise nicotine in toms or even peppers.

Twinks are you ken dodd  parkiness parkiness the greatest gift that I posses ! 

Just got my transfer papers through for the Foreign Legion.  All the best.

Sgt Tee Hee

LC Twinks

I'm so pleased you find that nicotine helps your parkiness, but haven't you tried vaping? I do. I used to smoke a pipe, but I've now got an electric pipe. Nicotine helps prevent flare ups of ulcerative colitis, so that's two of my conditions that benefit.

Thanks for the tip about tomatoes, which I love. We'll have to make grilled tomatoes compulsory for NAAFI breakfasts. I'm not sure who is in charge of catering though. Stick it up on the notice board.

Cpt Mike

TeeHee you are incorrigible and will be put in charge of washing up duties, if you're not careful! Next time I see you, I will show you how to smoke a tomato!! Yes, Cpt. Mike, I did try vaping, but the device felt too heavy and cumbersome, so went back to ciggies. I smoke the very thin, menthol ones, called Allure, ( only sold in Asda, but readily available abroad). I have about 6 a day and it certainly helps the Parkiness. I'm too old to change my ways now!

By the way Cpt. Mike, you are the spitting image of a friend of mine, called Peter and he used to smoke a pipe. It's a pity I can't post a photo on here, to show you the remarkable resemblence! It's uncanny and a little unnerving!!

LC Twinks.

Hi all,

not feeling too good so quick message.

as an ex smoker, albeit 46 years ago. All I can really say is follow Laws of the land and regulations.

Let me introduce you the most beautiful girl that ever existed ( in my view of course)

Will be in touch, when dreaded lurgy has eased

Jules77

Get well soon Jules, your wife looks lovely.  I'm just off for a ride on a camel, the sun is shining and a picnic on the sand dunes a little later.

Will report when familiarisation training over.  

Sgt Ricaner