Dla

Well Dotty ,if you did not get the message .......:rolling_eyes:...lol
hi dotty have you been to welfare rights Ihave use them all the time and they help me all the way with my esa and dla hope it works for you
delboy
Hi Dotty
I'm not very good at this as my first reply went into cyberspace!!
I'm so sorry that you were turned down for DLA. Whatever you do don't give up and do appeal. I didn't get it first time round but with help from the PDS Community Support Worker and support from the forum I eventually got it. Do get help with the appeal don't try & go it alone. The PDS should be able to help & the CAB. I don't know of many people that get it 1st time so go for it & appeal.
Good Luck
Ceal
Thanks for the replies.I did contact CAB,disability bureau helped me fill form in.Seems to be one form after another,I am just feeling exhausted.I know I gotta go for appeal,just feel i have got no fight left in me.
ceal I just lost one in cyberspace to!!
Hi d1d2d3,
How do you get someone from welfare rights?
hi dot hows u huni xxxxxxxxxx
hi dotty Ifound the no for welfare rights in my bt phone book you may have to wait to get a appoint but make the call I do feel they will help you and are very good at what they do hope this helps
d1d2d3
hi did hows u
I have just read my letter again with other mums in here.They cant believe it.There has been a couple of mums that have been great' helping me prepare meals.washing up and help with my hair and make up on bad days.Pick me up when mood low and try to motivated me.They are going to help support encourage me with appeal.
Thanks d1d2d3 for info
dadio I'm feeling a bit more positive,bit of fight left in me,hope you have to xx
So sorry to read about that ludicrous decision - seems these civil servants work more to their own rules than to Government guide lines. There has been excellent advice in previous posts - there is nothing I can add except my pure disgust at the way you have been treated! Take 'em to the cleaners Dot - keep fighting for what is rightfully yours!

Peter.
Hi Dotty
I know how you feel. I also felt I had no fight left in me. I even broke down into tears when I was told I had been turned down as I was able to walk a few yards. She had no idea of what we go through on a daily basis and didn't want to know. I was so upset I put the phone down on them. They did phone me back I was able to say how unpleasant the previous caller had been & then I got a letter saying I had been given the DLA.
You have been through so much already and are entitled to the benefit so don't let them win. They are not the ones with P.D.
I'm glad you are getting some support as it must be so difficult for you,
Ceal
hi dotty nice to hear you feeling a bit better with yourself also should of siad your council and social sevices will also have there no so chin up hope all gos well
d1d2d3
social worker involved and staff here plus have a lady from hospital coming to chat to my kids about pd.Hopefully got them all supporting me with the appeal.Take care x
That's good news - glad to know you have some positive support there.
Hopefully, common sense and right will prevail ultimately - just hope that 'ultimately' comes quickly!

Peter.
Hi Dotty.
I really can not under stand what the rules are for granting DLA.
When I made a claim I really didn't expect to receive it.
On the form where it asked. How far can you walk. I wrote. See attached page.
In a seperate letter I wrote that I could not answer any of those particular questions correctly, because I could walk just fine at times. But there were times when I could barely walk at all.
After a few months they telephoned me to ask a few questions. One of which was. "Are you in danger from falling". I answered. "I haven't fallen over yet, but that is one of the reasons that I had been asked to take early retirement".
The young lady ( it sounded like a young lady) then told me I would receive DLA. I even said, "Are you sure, because I can walk OK at times"
To my surprise she replied. "You have paid in for it for most of your life. It is time to have some back".

I said, "thank you very much."
That was about 3 years a go.

My walking has deteriated since then, but I do manaage at times.
I tend to freeze now, which didn't happen then.

I think there are changes coming for DLA for the over 65's.but will be retained intact for people under 65.
Not sure about what the changes will be.

Fight for it Dotty, It can make a world of difference to how you can cope.

I have not been able to get on line for a month or so and I missed following your messages.

I hope you have a great Christmas. I would think your refuge will pull all the stops, to make sure you do.
It sounds like you will have plenty of good company any way and that is far better than pricey presents.

Take care Dotty, and keep fighting for what is right.
Hi kvell.
Thanks so much for being such a caring person,It means so much to me having you and others supporting me and giving advice,

Hope you all have good christmas to.
Take care Dotxxx
the first time i did it i not get it,then i appealed and got low rate ,then i appealled had along wait and in the end got highrate,ino i got other illneness rong with me now,but this was bassed on pd only the other probs came after the dla:smile:
hi Dotty,

Make sure your appeal includes letters supporting your claim for DLA from your GP or Neurologist and if you can even your social worker. Also someone else mentioned about have you ever had any falls? I think i remember you telling me previously, that on a numbe of occasions you have burnt yourself, fallen over and hurt yourself in some way as a result of your PD? YOU MUST INCLUDE ANY INSTANCES OF THIS IN YOUR APPEAL, SAY OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS! THIS IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT.......
Hi blueeyes,
Thanks for reply.I called dla said I disagreed with decision.Lady asked what in the letter didn't I agree with.she wrote everything down also took phone number of my kids social worker and number of the refuge.both were mad about decision,said they will all support me.I asked what medical person they got to write about me,if it was neuro who I put on form,They said no it was gp,I asked which gp they said Dr ............,I haven't ever seen that gp for 4 years!!!!
I asked them to contact my neuro,Do you think I should leave it to them or get letter from her and send to them?
I forgot to mention about my falls,fell downstairs few times and outside a few times,thanks for reminding me.

Take Care Dot xxx
Hi Dotty
So glad you managed to speak to the DLA. Hopefully it will have a positive outcome but do tell them about your falls because that could well have a bearing on it.
Maybe your Neuro's secretary can tell you if the Neuro should send a letter before being contacted although I think my PDS Community Support Worker sent the DLA a letter before they contacted her after I was turned down. I'm glad you are getting plenty of support but I hope it soon resolves itself.
Take care
Ceal