Get help using the forum

Ask your questions here about using the new forum

Hi, I am new to the forumand I haven’t got a clue what all these symbols mean or how to post notices etc.
Is there an idiot guide to the symbols and how to send what one has written? Thank you.

Hi Ziggy,

Welcome to the new forum.

Can you let me know exactly what it is that you're struggling with on the forum? With regard to creating a new thread, all you new need to do is click on the 'New Topic' tab of the right hand side of the forum homepage.

Alternatively, you can post in any pre-existing threads by selecting 'Categories' on the forum home page.

Do let me know how you get on and I look forward to your response.

Many thanks,
Reah

Hi I dont have a clue on here. Where do I read the latest posts from my familiar friends as cant find thems

Hi babeswood, you are not on your own. I don't have a clue either!!

Hi babswood,

You should be able to view any threads on the forum home page - I have attached an image for your attention. If you click on the 'search' icon on the top right hand corner of your screen where your profile picture is, you should be able search for any thread topics, posts or users there too.

I hope this helps, if not, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with me.

Many thanks,
Reah

Hi Shefinn,

I hope you're well.

Please let me know exactly what it is that you're finding difficult and I will be happy to help you.

Many thanks,
Reah

Hi Reah- thanks for the interest, but I'm so used to using the old forum it's hard getting used to this new one. some of the posts I click on for some reason I get old postings come up from ages ago. I'm partly getting used to it but still it's confusing.

Sheila

Still unable to use forum
Screen goes dim then have to press J to get it back

Hi Jonty1,

I have sent you an email so please respond as soon as you can.

Many thanks,
Reah

How do I change my username

How do I introduce myself to the forum please

Hi BarbH,

Thanks for your question. I can see that you’ve posted a new topic introducing yourself: Hi. If you have any other questions, please do get in touch.

Best wishes,
Min
Moderation team.

Am I able to ‘edit’ an entry I have made? For some reason my ‘reply’ has come out double spaced, and I would prefer to change that.
PoetryK

Hello, I visit this forum every day. Occasionally I contribute and respond to the odd posting. I have tried to do so recently but I am now shaking so violently that my hands shake uncontrollably and jump around the keyboard. On various occasions I have gone to some length to compose a posting only to lose everything I have typed when my hands jump about and press “something” unintentionally - leaving me with an empty “Reply Box”. I have tried to retrieve my response but I am unable to find it and have no idea where it has gone. I am unable to accept that my effort has been totally deleted in a single unintended action. In frustration, I give up. I am wondering if any technical wizard can offer any suggestion as to what I have done to make my work completely vanish and, how I may be able to retrieve it. I am able to type this posting as I am having a better day. I just hope that I successfully manage to send it.

Hi @Gerrard,

My sincere apologies for my delayed response and I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve been struggling to type due to your tremor.

I’m not sure what’s happening when your text is being deleted, this may be an issue specifically related to your device, however, if this happens while you’re using a laptop, you can press “Ctrl z” and that should retrieve what you’ve accidentally deleted. If you’re using your mobile, I’d suggest you speak to your phone provider about this so they can look into any technical issues.

I hope this helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

Best wishes,
Reah

Hi Reah,
Many thanks for your reply. I really do have difficulty now when attempting to type. I spend most of the time correcting mistakes. I do all of my communicating on my laptop - I cannot use a smartphone. Pressing “Ctrl z” may be the answer to my problem so I will try that next time I lose my typing.
Best Wishes, Gerrard

Adam here, Just registered, We’ve (My wife) just got a we think this is PD rather than anything else disclosure from the consultant, to say we’re shocked is an understatement. I haven’t quite worked out how this forum works yet …more used to motorbike forums to be honest but suspect ill be around quite a bit.

Hi rodbargee, The problem is we all feel the same way Rod, when we are told what we have been diagnosed with it takes a lot of sinking in believe you me! I refused any medication for 12months thinking to myself (and hoping) that they had got the diagnosis wrong, but after that 12month went by I was virtually begging for medication. Eleven years later I’m still plodding on, I joined my local Parkinsons group with my husband and we have some great friends, we are always busy. Life does not end with the diagnosis, you have to look on the bright side and adapt to a different life style as your body changes with Parkinsons. Give my love to your wife,OH,missus, ‘er indoors’ and hope to hear more from you both- Sheila

1 Like

Hi I’ve just joined but struggling to send a message done a couple of drafs But no send options