Madopar

Hi I was started on madopar and took it for a week
At the end off the week my tremor was awful my whole body was shaking normally it is only my right hand
I stopped taking it and feel cub better
Has anyone experienced this

Hi @Glynis1, :wave:

Long time no see, welcome back to the forum.

There has been a lot of discussion about the side affects of Madopar on the forum so I know many members can relate to you. I’ve listed a few threads that have discussed this below that you may find helpful:

There’s also a lot of information on the Parkinson’s UK website on Madapor and its side affects which I’m sure you’ll find helpful, you can find this here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/levodopa-co-beneldopa-and-co-careldopa. However, I think you should speak to your GP or Parkinson’s nurse about your medication, especially if you’ve stopped taking Madopar without consulting them - they may need to review your dosage.

As always, we are here to help you in any way we can so please do give our helpline a call for more support on this. You can speak to one of advisers on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah

Hi Glynis
My husband has suffered from a tremor for 4 years until last month when he was transferred onto Amantadine, it’s been a minor miracle
Tremor almost nil so perhaps you should have a word with somebody about trying that

Good luck

Hi Glynis,

Until Friday I was on 5 x 250mg of Madopar due to Dystonic Tremor but this was reduced to 4 when I went for a periodic check up. I have a DBS fitted but the consultant wouldn’t believe my wife that I had two tremors instead of just the Parky, so having had it fitted they saw that I DID have another tremor !! I get along fine with the drug, it is not for everyone but as they say in the Introductions section, no two people are the same, we all have our different quirks !!

Les