PD warrior core exercises

Good idea Teehee. I have a lightweight ball to do overhead throws against the wall. Releases the stiff shoulder muscles and a bit of aggression!
You’re never too far on to start exercise. Hope its going well for you!

Just back from swimming, co ordination still OK managed a good swim and pool exercise s. Only help I needed was to open the locker, felt good. So pleased I was brave enough to give it a go. Hope the pd gang all ok. Xx

Teehee that’s fab. I can swim but vertebrae in neck damaged and overarm painful. Id love to try that rocksteady boxing. None in my area though ill keep my eye out.
My pd warrior physio adding another class on weds, if i can make that i think it would be beneficial. Its a work day tho. We’ll see.
Keep on moving!

Hope you feel able to do class weds, tough when you are still working, but credit to you. Sorry you not able to swim , you battle like a gladiator, if the romans invade, just remember you are on my team xx

Its the Celtic Roots Teehee, always scrapping!

Divine1

I’m going again tomorrow so it wasn’t all bad…

That’s great Jayne,

Its always good to give things a couple of tries. How are the muscles?

TeeHee

That’s brill! I used to love swimming but really struggled last time I tried. Now you’ve braved the swimming, what next? We’re more able than we sometimes give ourselves credit for.

All well here now I’m over the sickness from upping the meds - hope this is it for a while now, although I suspect I might need another increase…

Divine 1

That’s good news about the PD warrior class, hopefully you can work round it? I’ve just found out about another class in Leeds which is on a Monday evening and run by the NHS physio - £5 a time so much cheaper than the other one I’m going to.

I’ve been on the exercise bike today and back with the personal trainer - if I’m not stick thin by summer I’ll not be happy!!
xx

Glad you’re over the sickness Jayne. Its a real imposition when you have things to do. Im upping my meds in the next few weeks. Need to do it on my days off work though.

Pleased you over Sicky phase Jayne and hope more meds do not cause you too much upset D1.
I keep trying to manage on 2 x. 25/100 a day sinemet but dependent on the day take the third in the eve. Its a balance more exercise neuro protective? Levopda neuro toxic ?
Xx

Irish roots too xx

Swimming no problem. Getting the key in the locker had to ask for help, couldn’t be bothered with the battle of the bra either… Don’t think I will make the brochure advert for new members, wet hair, not fully dressed and the not so waterproof mascara, I have no shame but it still felt good even though I did t look good. I am convinced one of my brain cells spluttered back to life xxx

Strong genes will get us through Teehee! :grin:
You probably looked great swimming. All that arm swinging and leg kicking is bound to get the endorphins going. Hopefully it reached the brain!
Teehee, Lord knows what these meds are doing to us but you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t. Im coming round tothe idea that quality of life is key. So, within reason, if the meds give you that, bring them on!

1 Like

My previous and current neuros/movement disorder doc. Keen on idea of plasticity. I am more into that and prefer being a little slower but there will come a point when I give in but not yet, still hopeful. my brain will relearn movements. I believe feeding dopamine to the brain stops it from reactivating cells they get lazy if fed regularly ! But need a little. Call me mad but I also talk to my brain and tell itto get a grip. Ha! exercise we all agree on keep moving xx

2 Likes

Biscuit or apple ?
Exercise or snooze.
Decided exercise then cuppa and a biccy.

Have a great weekend all xx

1 Like

Hi Jayne849

I am doing some of the PDwarrior exercises every day - not all of them by any means. They seem to be making a difference. I appear to be walking better, but I do find them hard work. Nevertheless if I continue to make progress it will be worth it.

1 Like

Teehee,
Biscuit AND apple needed to keep blood sugar levels up with all the exercises you’re doing. Well that’s my thinking.

1 Like

Only one of each?

1 Like

Ha! Knine! Just dipping into crisps and a glass of wine. Probably asleep in an hour. Back on good ways tomorrow!

1 Like

Hi knine

Glad to hear the pd warrior exercises are making a difference. I find them hard work too but if they help it’s got to be worth it. Just build up slowly or swap them around every day. I still don’t do them all either, I don’t have the energy!