Sex, Lies and Parkinsons

Best of luck Vicki, T.V switched on in anticipation :fearful:Will be good to share this with my family as i need them to understand that this could happen to me! Just seen the intro clip and my daughter said "doubt you will turn your attention to 'others' and i bet dad will love it" Think this is going to be a good educator for people with or without p.d. :disappointed: I know i'm going to worried about sharing my thoughts with family simply because i don't want to rock the boat so to speak,so i need them to be aware to spot the signs if i get affected in any way and to all the other issues/problems/symptoms caused by all the other drugs we need to take. I have to be honest, until i came on this forum after dx i didn't know very much about Parkinsons at all and i'm still constantly learning. Thank you for raising this awareness. x
BY THE WAY: GO GIRL.
AM TRMENDOUSLY PROUD OF YOU.
mrs.t.
Eamon Holmes has already made jokes about it in his introduction. I SO hope that the actual interview will bring across the seriousness of this subject. People need to be aware that although these drugs help thousands of people they can bring misery and heartache to others. Eamon is a good journalist - so let's hope after the nudge nudge wink winks it will be a good interview.
WELL DONE VICKI you have brought PD to the nations attention....

by the way....where did you get your eye-shadow from?

Great stuff

Radz x
Well done , Vicki, you did your best. Holmes was determined to raise a dirty laugh, but you rose above him.
Well done Vicki. You looked fab. I'm amazed they sat you on your own for so long while Ruth & Eamon waffled on and even made light of your experience. He is so rude, he was trying to spice things up i think and kept interupting you. You did great to keep your cool and get the information over. Wishing you and Ken all the best. xx
Thank you so much Vikki. You did indeed try to bring the focus toward things such as internet shopping despite Mr Holmes repeated desire to return to sex. O/H, who was watching with me, remarked that your comment about the sex thing being over-rated was so apt.
I do so hope that what I thought may have been tearfulness was either my shakiness or yours (not that I wish you to be shakey!)
I wish that I had your courage. And you looked lovely
vicki you were brilliant and rose above Eamonn Holmes remarks
you looked great and made some very good points
you had done your homework unlike mr holmes

thank you
jazz
well done vicki,carnt wait for fridays show,u really showed them :smile:
Well done Vicki, you handled yourself well and managed to get the main points across despite Eammon Holmes trying to put the focus only on the sex addiction side effects of the meds.
Hi vicki,
My daughter made the same comment after watching you that annebernadette's husband made about the overrated sex issue, i was annoyed that Eamon commented on your shakiness as just being typically nervous (deffo didn't do his homework!)but you held your own and raised many other issues. Can't wait for Fridays programme, i have ringed it in the t.v guide, told my daughter to remind me and have written it down in red on a reminder note just in case i forget! like this parkie does often!! Well done again :stuck_out_tongue:Diane
Vicki,

what a star. You, by your determination, are what this site is really about.
Eamon needs to do his homework before he opens his gob.
You were the dignified face of PD gor which I thank you. I must admit that I was furious at the whole way E.A. handled himself.

mrs.t.
Hi Vicki
Watched "This Morning" and thought you handled the interview brilliantly. If you where shaking with nerves it really never showed. How composed, Well done.
Not sure the interviewees had researched Parkinson's very well. Which is typical.:rolling_eyes:
Shall be watching on Friday.

Thanks Vicki all the best, regards PB x
You are an accomplished interviewee, Vicki. Clear, crisp, calm, knowledgeable and attractive. Well done. You weren't phased by Eamonn's laddish questions, and managed to get key points across. Pity the media tend to concentrate on the sex side of stories, but that's life.
Vicki.... 10 out of 10 for the way you handled Eammon's silly remarks throughout.

Eammond...0 out of 10 for playing a stinker, he even thought MJ Fox had MS. :rolling_eyes:

Eammon's wife... 10 out of 10 for putting up with a stupid husband!

and finally Eammon... -50 out of 10, because it was clear he had not even bothered to research the subject.
Well done Vicki, you were calm, cool and collected and came across brilliantly. I watched you whilst at work on iplayer and was shaking myself for you. You are so brave and an excellent ambassador for getting the message across... Parkinson's is not just an old person's condition, young people can and do get it xx
Very well done Vicki - we are proud of you.

I wish I could say the same about Eamonn Holmes.
Hi,
I echo the sentiments,excellent composure,especially when expecting the usual banter from Eamonn.To be honest Eamonn came out looking foolish,you Vicky on the other handled things brilliantly.
Well done
Titan
Well done Vicki - you were excellent - an ideal ambassador for raising awareness and reminding people that we get this thing young too...Eamonn's excruciating pre-occupation with one aspect of the issue was dealt with admirably by you and you were clearly determined to make your points known and succeeded with dignity...let's hope the right people are watching plus you have supported lots of us today, thankyou .
Thank you all so much - was so scared of cocking up
Hope you like the film on Friday
I m immensely proud of it x