What age is everyone?

Hi....I'm 55 and diagnosed 11 years ago. First seen by Neurologist in 1997 with symptoms appearing 2/3 years previously. Retired 4 years ago.

Poker :laughing:
Hi Titan,

Your statement about delaying the start of Levodopa as long as possible doesnt ring true with me - I started on Sinemet at the age of 10 and took it until I was 21..Ive been on madopar ever since..im now 43..I did have dbs five years ago though.
I realise we are all different but I dont think Levodopa has done me any harm...still working full time.

regards

Matt
I am 53 dx Nov 10. Find exercise and reducing stress help alot.
I am 42 years but have been diagnosed 8 yrs ago. Had the sypmtons few yrs before.
Hello,

I am 62 and have been diagnosed 12 years.

Cheers,

Rhino.
Hello all,
I am 57. I was diagnosed 2 yrs. ago but I saw a Neurologist in 2007 who said I had benign essential tremor. By 2009 I was seen by another Cons. who said I had PD.:stuck_out_tongue:
My husband was DX 15 years ago but had symptoms about 2 years before that he has had DBS but it wasn't as successful as we had hoped he's 55 :grin:
52 in 14 days
Hi

I've not been in touch for a while due to being even more ill than usual' I am 57 and had PD confirmed in 2/2003. Had symptons for 3 yrs before this and diagnosed myself in 5/2002. I take stalevo, mirapexin, sinemet CR, sinemet plus and have a Apo-Go syringe driver for 23/24 using 3 syringes.
Hi there I am 44 diagnosed 22 years ago
Hi I have just had my 52nd birthday and was diagnosed Aug 2009. I had symptoms for 2/3 years before & had many tests,scans and visits to 2 neuologists and a neuro surgeon before diagnosing pd.

I just wondered if any one else is/was a hairdresser? I was a hairdresser from the age of 16 and worker in salons up until the age of 26 but still worked mobile for 10 more years. This may not be connected with my pd but I came into contact with lots of chemicals and have read that chemicals may be connected to my pd! Maybe I`m clutching at straws but something must have been the cause?!

Chris
Hi everyone, I'm 57 diagnosed at 56 but looking back had symptoms for some time before that, until 6months ago I felt 10yrs younger but when I look in the mirror now I look my age and more even though my partner says still look same to him.
When I was first diagnosed I worried how I would get through the next 20yrs but people on here seem to be doing really well? Would be grateful for any advise or tips from anyone.

beeny x
My wife is 58 and was diagnosed last month. Like Beeny I'd like to see uplifting posts by those who have been diagnosed for 5 years plus and tips on how to cope. Particularly want to hear from those of you whose progression has been slow
im 42 years old,ive had pd for 11 years:smile:
hi all,
i am 57yrs old nearly 58 and i have had PD for just over 3 yrs. I took early retirement from my nursing career approx. 14months ago.:smile:
Hi Glenchass and Titan,

Just wondered what you meant when you say that taking sinimet too early is not the best thing, do you mean because there is only a span of 10 years that you can take it?

Just curious!

Dance Lindy Hop.
hello....I'm 58, but have had tremors since 38...not yet dx...but having more symptoms/tests....seeing the neuro. sometime this month, I hope....

Just found out that gran may have had PD, also...:disappointed:
Hi - I am 54yrs dx 4yrs but symptoms for about 5yrs before - tremor started 18mths before dx, was told the early symptoms were my age! I am genuinely amazed by how many of us have early onset.
Another in 50s; diagnosed 5 years ago age 52. Very slow progression for which I am so thankful.
I'm 59 and recently diagnosed. I was put on Ropinirole straight away (while still in state of shock) but chose to come off. I'm hoping to stay drug-free as long as I possibly can. I'm amazed at how young so many are.